Automatic Adhesion Tester
The PosiTest Automatic Adhesion Tester Is Vastly Improved and measures the force required to pull a specified test diameter of coating away from its substrate using hydraulic pressure.
- New electronically controlled hydraulic pump automatically applies smooth and continuous pull-off pressure at a user-specified rate
- Electronically controlled hydraulic pump automatically applies smooth and continuous pull-off pressure. Greatly reduces user effort and the risk of influencing the pulling process
- Built-in rechargeable battery performs over 200 tests per charge. Continue testing with AC power while the battery recharges.
- Environmentally sealed enclosure – weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof – meets or exceeds IP65
- Rubberized, shock absorbing grips provide a stable, skid-resistant footing
- Self-aligning aluminum dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth or uneven surfaces
- 10, 14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths
- Test with the simple push of a button. No twisting, pumping or cranking. No valves to close, needles to reset, or scales to adjust
- User selectable pull rates ensure compliance with international test methods for a variety of industries including metal, wood and concrete
- Built-in rechargeable batteries perform over 200 tests per charge. Continue testing with AC power while batteries recharge. Supplied with universal AC Adapter
- Rugged, portable instrument comes complete with convenient shoulder strap. Ideal for lab and field use
- User selectable measurement units: psi (pounds per square inch), MPa (Megapascal), Nmm2 (Newtons per millimeter square) or Newton (force)
- Rotating display for horizontal and vertical use
- Every PosiTest Adhesion Tester pressure system is calibrated and certified to ± 1% accuracy using a NIST traceable load cell
- Conforms to international standards including ASTM D4541/D7234, ISO 4624/16276-1, AS/NZS 1580.408.5 and others
Memory and Reports
- Internal memory stores maximum pull-off pressure, rate of pull, test duration and dolly size for 100,000 pulls in up to 1,000 batches
- Record the results as pass/fail and the nature of fracture – cohesive, adhesive and glue failures
- Wirelessly connect to your smart device using our free PosiTector App (Apple iOS and Android)
- WiFi technology wirelessly communicates with PosiSoft.net, downloads software updates and allows access to stored measurement data using standard web browsers (see WiFi Features for full details)
- PosiSoft USB Drive – stored readings and graphs can be accessed via USB using universal PC/Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- Compatible with PosiSoft Desktop, PosiSoft.net and PosiTector App (Apple iOS and Android) software solutions
- Add images and notes using the camera or keyboard
- Create customized, professional PDF reports
- Share, backup, synchronize and report measurement data
- Auto-pairing Bluetooth (BLE) connection
- See the Help File to learn about how it works
Recording the Nature of the Fracture
Upon completion of a pull-off test, the dolly and coated surface should be examined. In addition to pull-off force, many National and International standards such as ASTM D4541 and ISO 4624 require the nature of the fracture to be recorded.
- Cohesive fracture: fracture occurs within a coating layer (same coating on dolly face and coated surface).
- Adhesive fracture: fracture occurs at the interface between layers (coating on dolly face differs from surface).
- Glue failure: visible separation of the glue from itself, the coating or dolly (no coating visible on the dolly face).