PosiTest AT-A Automatic Adhesion Tester
The PosiTest Automatic Adhesion Tester Is Vastly Improved and measures the force required to pull a specified test diameter of coating away from its substrate using hydraulic pressure.
- New electronically controlled hydraulic pump automatically applies smooth and continuous pull-off pressure at a user-specified rate
- Electronically controlled hydraulic pump automatically applies smooth and continuous pull-off pressure. Greatly reduces user effort and the risk of influencing the pulling process
- Built-in rechargeable battery performs over 200 tests per charge. Continue testing with AC power while the battery recharges.
- Environmentally sealed enclosure – weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof – meets or exceeds IP65
- Rubberized, shock absorbing grips provide a stable, skid-resistant footing
- Self-aligning aluminum dolly enables accurate measurements on smooth or uneven surfaces
- 10, 14, 20 or 50 mm dollies maximize capability and measurement resolution across a wide range of bond strengths
- Test with the simple push of a button. No twisting, pumping or cranking. No valves to close, needles to reset, or scales to adjust
- User selectable pull rates ensure compliance with international test methods for a variety of industries including metal, wood and concrete
- Built-in rechargeable batteries perform over 200 tests per charge. Continue testing with AC power while batteries recharge. Supplied with universal AC Adapter
- Rugged, portable instrument comes complete with convenient shoulder strap. Ideal for lab and field use
- User selectable measurement units: psi (pounds per square inch), MPa (Megapascal), Nmm2 (Newtons per millimeter square) or Newton (force)
- Rotating display for horizontal and vertical use
- Every PosiTest Adhesion Tester pressure system is calibrated and certified to ± 1% accuracy using a NIST traceable load cell
- Conforms to international standards including ASTM D4541/D7234, ISO 4624/16276-1, AS/NZS 1580.408.5 and others
Memory and Reports
- Internal memory stores maximum pull-off pressure, rate of pull, test duration and dolly size for 100,000 pulls in up to 1,000 batches
- Record the results as pass/fail and the nature of fracture – cohesive, adhesive and glue failures
- Wirelessly connect to your smart device using our free PosiTector App (Apple iOS and Android)
- WiFi technology wirelessly communicates with PosiSoft.net, downloads software updates and allows access to stored measurement data using standard web browsers (see WiFi Features for full details)
- PosiSoft USB Drive – stored readings and graphs can be accessed via USB using universal PC/Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- Compatible with PosiSoft Desktop, PosiSoft.net and PosiTector App (Apple iOS and Android) software solutions
- Add images and notes using the camera or keyboard
- Create customized, professional PDF reports
- Share, backup, synchronize and report measurement data
- Auto-pairing Bluetooth (BLE) connection
- See the Help File to learn about how it works
Recording the Nature of the Fracture
Upon completion of a pull-off test, the dolly and coated surface should be examined. In addition to pull-off force, many National and International standards such as ASTM D4541 and ISO 4624 require the nature of the fracture to be recorded.
- Cohesive fracture: fracture occurs within a coating layer (same coating on dolly face and coated surface).
- Adhesive fracture: fracture occurs at the interface between layers (coating on dolly face differs from surface).
- Glue failure: visible separation of the glue from itself, the coating or dolly (no coating visible on the dolly face).
The cohesive and adhesive fracture visual analysis can be recorded using the PosiTest AT-A’s keypad or touch screen display. Alternatively, the information can be reported using the PosiTector App.
Fractures are visually estimated and recorded as a percent of each. The two layer example below illustrates a cohesive fracture within coating layer 1 and layer 2 (visually estimated at 50% each). Recorded results are included in report
The PosiTest AT-A can record fracture information for up to five layers. For full details and examples see Visual Analysis and Recording of Test Results.