Novo-Gloss 20/60/85° Glossmeter with Haze to ASTM E430
Small, lightweight and durable the gloss meter can be used in production and laboratory environments. The high specifications, including statistical analysis, graphical analysis and software-free PC down load facility make it the ideal gloss meter for matt to mirror surface finishes Measured parameters: Gloss measurement for all surface finishes:
- 20⁰ – High gloss
- 60⁰ – Medium gloss
- 85⁰ – Low gloss
Which gloss meter angle?
ISO 2813 and ASTM D523 (the most commonly used standards) describe three measurement angles of gloss using a gloss meter.
Gloss is measured in gloss units (GU) and is traceable to reference standards held at BAM (Germany), NRC (Canada) or NPL (UK). High Gloss: 20° The acute measurement angle of 20° gives improved resolution for high gloss surfaces. Surfaces that measure 70GU and above at the standard angle of 60° are often measured with this geometry. The 20° angle is more sensitive to haze effects that affect the appearance of a surface. Universal Measurement Angle: 60° All gloss levels can be measured using the standard measurement angle of 60°. This is used as the reference angle with the complimentary angles of 85° and 20° often used for low and high gloss levels respectively. Low Gloss: 85° For improved resolution of low gloss a grazing angle of 85° is used to measure the surface. This angle is recommended for surfaces which measure less than 10GU when measured at 60º. This angle also has a larger measurement spot which will average out differences in the gloss of textured or slightly uneven surfaces.
- Fast measurement, single button push measures all parameters
- On-board statistics with graphical trend analysis and reporting.
- Automatic calibration with tile validation
- Date and time stamped results
- Easy Batching – User definable batch names and batch sizes for quicker and more efficient reporting
- Software-free data transfer
- Direct data input via Bluetooth – instantly transmit measured readings directly to programs such as Microsoft Excel
- Auto-ranging, measures matt to mirror finishes
- Pass / fail for easy identification of non-conformances
- Compatible with all major international standards
- Extended two year warranty
- Lifetime lightsource guarantee